Standard Threaded Fittings
All manufactured standard products are approved by a Notified Body to the European Pressure equipment PED 2014/68/EU and by TÜV certified to AD 2000 Merkblatt W0. This allows the use of these products in applications according to category IV in the PED Directive.
All products with the design pressure in the tables are calculated according to EN 13480-3.
• Benefit: Threaded fittings are produced from tubes and bars for highest quality.
• Application: Anywhere you need a reliable and safe tube connection.
• Calculations: EN 13480 Metallic industrial piping has been used for design pressure calculations.
• Material: See each data sheet for steel grades. Other steel grades upon request.
Threaded fittings have Whitworth pipe threads (BSP) as standard:
- male threads, taper external according to ISO 7/1
- male threads, parallel external according to ISO 228/1
- female threads, parallel internal according to ISO 228/1
- female threads, taper internal according to ISO 7/1
Fittings with NPT threads (American Standard National Pipe Thread) are available upon request. However, certain items - sockets, double nipples and welding nipples - are also available from stock with NPT threads.
Symbols for threads
Pipe threads and their symbols
Pipe threads where pressure-tight joints are made on the threads.
|Rp = Parallel internal||ISO 7/1 - Rp 1½"|
|Rc = Taper internal||ISO 7/1 - Rc 1½"|
|R = Taper external||ISO 7/1 - R 1½"|
Pipe threads where pressure-tight joints are not made on the threads.
|G = Parallel internal||ISO 228/1 - G1½"||One tolerance class only|
|G…A = Parallel external||ISO 228/1 - G1½"A||Tighter class of tolerance|
|G…B = Parallel external||ISO 228/1 - G1½"B||Wider class of tolerance|
ISO 228/2 deals with the inspection of these threads. Click here for catalogue